The Witch’s Heart Cocktail !
- 1 jigger apple brandy or apple vodka chilled
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 2 jiggers (or to top up)
- Homemade Blackberry
- Shimmery liqueur
- Powdered dry ice optional
Add about ½ – 1 tsp of powdered dry ice to the bottom of the glass (optional).
Place the apple brandy and purple shimmery liqueur in a shaker. Add 1 ice cube and shake for a few seconds to chill the drink. Strain the drink into a martini glass. Top up with more purple shimmery liqueur if necessary.
Pour 1 tsp of grenadine syrup, about an inch from the surface of the drink – the grenadine should sink to the bottom, creating a “bleeding” effect.
Add about ½ tsp of powdered dry ice on top and serve with a stirrer, so that your guests can stir the “potion” to create that shimmery, smoky effect.
Vampire Drink Halloween Cocktail !
Makes 1 8oz glass:
What you need:
1.5 oz. of Grey Goose Vodka
1 oz. of single-origin espresso
.75 oz. of premium coffee liqueur
1 pinch of salt
How to make it:
Add all ingredients together into a shaker and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass. Garnish with salted dark chocolate power.
Via Grey Goose
Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule!
What you need:
4 oz. of vodka
¼ cup of cranberry juice
½ cup of sparkling apple juice
2 ginger beers
Fresh cranberries for garnish
How to make it:
Fill two large glasses with ice. Add the Vodka and cranberry juice. Add the sparkling apple juice and then fill the rest of the way with the ginger beer. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately.
Via Heather Christo
Joost Termeer Photography
Blue Hawaii !
Commonly used ingredients:
- 2 cl light Rum
- 2 cl Vodka
- 1.5 cl Blue Curaçao
- 9 cl Pineaple juice, unsweetened
- 3 cl Sour mix
Combine all ingredients with ice, stir or shake, then pour into a hurricane glass with the ice.
For garnish score pineapple or orange slice with a knife and insert onto rim of glass; optionally use toothpick or cocktail umbrella to spear maraschino cherry through center and attach to top of fruit slice; otherwise float cherry on top of ice!
RHUBARB COCKTAIL WITH LIME, Family Style Food,
- ½ pound rhubarb, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 long strip of lemon or orange peel
RHUBARB LIME COCKTAIL:
- Juice of ½ a lime, plus thinly sliced lime for garnish
- 2 ounces ice cold gin
- 2 ounces dry white vermouth
- 2 ounces Rhubarb Syrup
- Dash of bitters (Peychauds is my favorite)
- Make the syrup: Combine rhubarb, sugar, water and peel in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat and cook until rhubarb is broken down and tender, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer set over a bowl to let the syrup run through. Stir gently to expedite the process, but try not to push too hard or the solids will cloud the syrup. Cool before using. Refrigerate for a up to week or two.
- Combine ingredients for cocktail in a shaker with ice cubes. Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wheel.
- The rhubarb syrup recipe will yield more than enough for 4 drinks. Double the batch for a party.
- Stir extra syrup into sparkling water for a non-alcoholic cocktail or pour over fresh strawberries and yogurt.
- If you prefer, switch out the gin for tequila or vodka.