Silver-Tequila Martini !
Recipe photo courtesy of Kate Mathis,
- 2 ounces silver tequila,
- ½ ounce dry vermouth
- 2 tablespoons fresh pink-grapefruit juice, plus a wedge and a twist for serving
- 10 to 12 dashes grapefruit or orange bitters,
- Edible silver flakes and sanding sugar, for serving
- 1. Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add tequila, vermouth, grapefruit juice, and bitters. Cover and shake several times.
- 2. Stir together silver flakes and sugar on a small plate. Run grapefruit wedge along the rim of a chilled martini glass. Dip rim in sugar mixture to evenly coat. Strain tequila mixture into glass, add grapefruit twist, and serve.
To chill a martini glass, fill it with ice, then cold water. Let it stand 5 minutes, then drain.
Watermelon Cherry Tequila Bomb !
- 4 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 1 tablespoon agave
- 4 ounces tequila
- ice and mint
- Combine the watermelon, limes, cherries, tequila and agave in a blender and puree on high until frothy. Pour into glasses or into a hollowed out mini watermelon and serve with ice cubes and fresh mint leaves.
Author: Heather Christo
“Wall-Arita” Cocktail at Ruins, Dallas,
1 ½ ounces Ilegal mezcal
¾ ounce Mi Campo tequila
¾ ounce passion fruit syrup
¾ ounce fresh lime juice
Tajín Clásico seasoning, for the rim
¼ ounce chicha morada (Peruvian nonalcoholic beverage made from purple corn, pineapple, cloves, and cinnamon), for swirl
Orchid flower and pequin peppers, for garnish
Combine first four ingredients in a shaker. Fill with ice and shake until thoroughly chilled, about 15 seconds. Rim glass with Tajín. Fill glass with fresh ice and strain into both glasses. Swirl chicha morada around the edge of glass. Garnish with orchid and pequin peppers.
Created by Christian Armando Guillén
RHUBARB COCKTAIL WITH LIME, Family Style Food,
- ½ pound rhubarb, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 long strip of lemon or orange peel
RHUBARB LIME COCKTAIL:
- Juice of ½ a lime, plus thinly sliced lime for garnish
- 2 ounces ice cold gin
- 2 ounces dry white vermouth
- 2 ounces Rhubarb Syrup
- Dash of bitters (Peychauds is my favorite)
- Make the syrup: Combine rhubarb, sugar, water and peel in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat and cook until rhubarb is broken down and tender, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer set over a bowl to let the syrup run through. Stir gently to expedite the process, but try not to push too hard or the solids will cloud the syrup. Cool before using. Refrigerate for a up to week or two.
- Combine ingredients for cocktail in a shaker with ice cubes. Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wheel.
- The rhubarb syrup recipe will yield more than enough for 4 drinks. Double the batch for a party.
- Stir extra syrup into sparkling water for a non-alcoholic cocktail or pour over fresh strawberries and yogurt.
- If you prefer, switch out the gin for tequila or vodka.
Watermelon Margarita !
- 500g pack frozen watermelon balls
- 100ml tequila
- 50ml triple sec
- 4 tsp icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until smooth – it will be very thick and slushy but will gradually thin as the watermelon defrosts. Pour into a 1ltr bottle and chill for up to 1 day before serving.
- When ready to serve, thoroughly shake the bottle to mix then pour into glasses.
Tip: You can also make the margarita with 500g of fresh, deseeded watermelon flesh, but the cocktail will be frothy rather than slushy.
Is it summer yet? Well we wish it was over in snowy Utah right now! Pretend you came from the beach and stir up a Gin & Tonic! 2 oz @beehivedistilling gin, 2 dashes of Frutta Blu Bitters, 5 oz of your favorite tonic and top with whatever botanicals you like! Pictured here is mint, star anise, juniper berries and cucumber, cheers!
#beehivebitterscompany #beehivebitters #bitters #utahbitters #cocktail #cocktailbitters #cocktails #drink #drinks #homebar #bar #bars #whiskey #gin #vodka #rum #tequila #imbibe #orangebitters #ginandtonic
Vodka tonics are so easy and versatile! Build on this recipe below with tons of fruit variations; like muddling strawberries at the bottom or adding some raspberry syrup! For this vodka tonic we used the basics: 3 dashes Spiced Orange Bitters, 1.5 oz of @shdistillery vodka, and 4 oz of @fevertreemixers Indian Tonic, cheers!
Ice cube made using a @truecubes mold 👍🏼
#beehivebitterscompany #beehivebitters #bitters #utahbitters #cocktail #cocktailbitters #cocktails #drink #drinks #homebar #bar #bars #whiskey #gin #vodka #rum #tequila #imbibe #orangebitters #vodkatonic
A simple staple, The Old Fashioned. In a mixing glass combine 2 oz bourbon, 2-3 shakes of Barrel Aged Bitters, and 1/3 ounce simple syrup. Stir with ice and strain in a rocks glass with an ice cube and an expressed orange peel. Sub a Bitters soaked and muddled sugar cube if simple syrup isn’t in supply!
Our Bourbon Barrel Aged Caramelized Orange Bitters are available (but limited!) on our online shop, click the link in our bio to grab a bottle of batch #4 🥃
#beehivebitterscompany #oldfashioned #beehivebitters #bitters #utahbitters #cocktailbitters #orangebitters #aromaticbitters #cocktail #cocktails #whiskey #rum #gin #tequila #vodka #drink #drinks #bar #bars #homebar #imbibe
Batch #4 of our Bourbon Barrel Aged Caramelized Orange Bitters are now available! Visit our online shop (link in our bio) to order now with free shipping!
This flavor is only released once a year and in very limited quantities. This bitter was aged in a @shdistillery bourbon barrel and has upfront flavors of Caramelized Orange, Vanilla, and warm baking spices! Use in cocktails where Orange or Aromatic Bitters are called for, or use them in your winter holiday baking! Cheers 🥃
#beehivebitterscompany #beehivebitters #bitters #aromaticbitters #orangebitters #cocktailbitters #barrelaged #drink #drinks #homebar #bar #cocktail #cocktails #rum #whiskey #gin #tequila #vodka #mixology #imbibe #utahbitters
📷 by @beautifulbooze who created this cocktail, Christmas in Jalisco using our Spiced Orange Bitters and some other beautiful ingredients to create this tequila based cocktail! Visit @beautifulbooze for the recipe and check out her giveaway!
#beautifulbooze #beehivebitters #beehivebitterscompany #bitters #cocktail #cocktails #cocktailbitters #orangebitters #holidaydrinks #tequila #gin #vodka #whiskey #rum #cranberry #homebar #bar #bars #drink #drinks