Dark ‘n’ Stormy !
- 2 ounces dark rum
- ½ ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup, or to taste
- 4-6 ounces fresh ginger beer.
- Build the drink in a highball glass filled with ice, adjusting for sweetness and tartness. Depending on when you stop the fermentation of the ginger beer, it may be fully dry or still retain enough sweetness that additional simple syrup is unnecessary. Garnish with a wedge of lime. Serves 1.
Michael Appleton for The New York Times
1.5 part FACUNDO NEO
0.75 part Pineapple juice
0.75 part Lime juice
0.5 part Martini bitters
0.25 part Demerara or brown sugar
0.5 part FACUNDO EXIMO float
Shake all ingredients except for FACUNDO EXIMO and strain into highball with crushed or pebble ice. Float FACUNDO EXIMO. Garnish with pineapple and mint sprig. To make as a frozen cocktail – add 1 part water per cocktail then add the Float FACUNDO EXIMO when served.
Photo Credit: Facundo Rum
Punch & Smash!
2 oz Bacardí White Rum
.5 oz El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximénez Sherry
.5 oz Grant ‘La Garrocha’ Amontillado Sherry
.75 oz passion fruit purée
.5 oz. hibiscus syrup
2 mint sprigs
.5 oz. fresh lemon juice
Shake all the ingredients hard for 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe. Place a large fresh piece of mint on top. *Hibiscus Syrup: Take a ½ cup of hibiscus flowers and simmer in a quart of simple syrup (50/50) for 15 minutes. Cool and strain.
Photo Credit: Strip House
1.5 oz Blanc Rhum Agricole
.5 oz mango brandy
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz fresh pineapple juice
.5 oz petite cane syrup
½ peeled kiwi
Muddle kiwi in tall glass, add liquid ingredients. Insert swizzle stick, add crushed ice. Garnish with pineapple crescent, pineapple fronds, lime wheel, kiwi slice, and orchid.
Photo Credit: Jeff Marini
via Town and Country
Create a ginger snap by combining:
40ml Bacardi Ginger, 10ml Cointreau,
1 dash Angostura bitters,
12.5ml Lemon juice and
50ml Soda water in a tall glass
The Perfect Storm !
2 oz: Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
Splash: Fresh lime juice
2 dashes: Angostura bitters
Garnish: 1 Lime Wedge
Add all the ingredients, except ginger beer, to a highball or rocks glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
Top with ginger beer.
Joost Termeer Photography
Blue Hawaii !
Commonly used ingredients:
- 2 cl light Rum
- 2 cl Vodka
- 1.5 cl Blue Curaçao
- 9 cl Pineaple juice, unsweetened
- 3 cl Sour mix
Combine all ingredients with ice, stir or shake, then pour into a hurricane glass with the ice.
For garnish score pineapple or orange slice with a knife and insert onto rim of glass; optionally use toothpick or cocktail umbrella to spear maraschino cherry through center and attach to top of fruit slice; otherwise float cherry on top of ice!
Queen’s Park Swizzle Cocktail Recipe !
- 2 oz rum
- 1 oz lime juice
- .5 oz Demerara Simple Syrup
- 8 mint leaves
- 6 – 8 dashes Angostura Aromatic Bitters
- Muddle mint leaves in lime juice and simple syrup, then fill glass with crushed ice.
- Pour rum over crushed ice and swizzle well until glass is ice-cold and frosted.
- Pack glass with more crushed ice and top with Angostura aromatic bitters.
- Garnish with mint.