The “White Pumpkin” Cocktail !
From She keeps a lovely home
- 1½ ounces white rum
- 3 ounces unsweetened vanilla/almond milk
- 1 tsp. honey
- Pumpkin spice – a teeny, tiny dash
- Pour 1½ oz. white rum and 3 oz. vanilla/almond milk into a shaker with ice and add 1 tsp. of honey. Shake vigorously and pour into a frosted coup glass. Sprinkle with a teeny bit of pumpkin spice. Garnish with a lovely, delicate, wispy flower sprig.
Notes: If you don’t have pre-mixed pumpkin spice, you can make your own. It’s 3 tbsp. of cinnamon, 2 tsp. ground ginger, 2 tsp. ground nutmeg, 1½ tsp. ground cloves.
Dark ‘n’ Stormy !
- 2 ounces dark rum
- ½ ounce fresh-squeezed lime juice
- ½ ounce simple syrup, or to taste
- 4-6 ounces fresh ginger beer.
- Build the drink in a highball glass filled with ice, adjusting for sweetness and tartness. Depending on when you stop the fermentation of the ginger beer, it may be fully dry or still retain enough sweetness that additional simple syrup is unnecessary. Garnish with a wedge of lime. Serves 1.
Michael Appleton for The New York Times
1.5 part FACUNDO NEO
0.75 part Pineapple juice
0.75 part Lime juice
0.5 part Martini bitters
0.25 part Demerara or brown sugar
0.5 part FACUNDO EXIMO float
Shake all ingredients except for FACUNDO EXIMO and strain into highball with crushed or pebble ice. Float FACUNDO EXIMO. Garnish with pineapple and mint sprig. To make as a frozen cocktail – add 1 part water per cocktail then add the Float FACUNDO EXIMO when served.
Photo Credit: Facundo Rum
Punch & Smash!
2 oz Bacardí White Rum
.5 oz El Maestro Sierra Pedro Ximénez Sherry
.5 oz Grant ‘La Garrocha’ Amontillado Sherry
.75 oz passion fruit purée
.5 oz. hibiscus syrup
2 mint sprigs
.5 oz. fresh lemon juice
Shake all the ingredients hard for 30 seconds. Strain into a coupe. Place a large fresh piece of mint on top. *Hibiscus Syrup: Take a ½ cup of hibiscus flowers and simmer in a quart of simple syrup (50/50) for 15 minutes. Cool and strain.
Photo Credit: Strip House
1.5 oz Blanc Rhum Agricole
.5 oz mango brandy
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz fresh pineapple juice
.5 oz petite cane syrup
½ peeled kiwi
Muddle kiwi in tall glass, add liquid ingredients. Insert swizzle stick, add crushed ice. Garnish with pineapple crescent, pineapple fronds, lime wheel, kiwi slice, and orchid.
Photo Credit: Jeff Marini
via Town and Country
Create a ginger snap by combining:
40ml Bacardi Ginger, 10ml Cointreau,
1 dash Angostura bitters,
12.5ml Lemon juice and
50ml Soda water in a tall glass
The Perfect Storm !
2 oz: Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
Splash: Fresh lime juice
2 dashes: Angostura bitters
Garnish: 1 Lime Wedge
Add all the ingredients, except ginger beer, to a highball or rocks glass filled with ice.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
Top with ginger beer.