Trader Vic’s Mai Tai !
Original recipe from 1944
- 1 oz amber Martinique rum
- 1 oz dark Jamaican rum
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz orgeat syrup (or use 1 drop pure almond extract)
- ½ oz of Cointreau
- floater of Dark Rum (optional but we recommend)
- mint (optional garnish)
- lime (optional garnish)
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker, except the garnish.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with fresh mint and a lime.
- You can also float some dark rum on top of the cocktail.
Prince Henry Punch, Pablo Moix, Los Angeles,
- ¾ ounce rhum agricole,
- ¾ ounce aged rum,
- ¾ ounce lime juice
- ½ ounce green Chartreuse
- ½ ounce raspberry gomme syrup
- 6 dashes Angostura bitters
Garnish: mint, seasonal fruits
- Combine all the ingredients in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a double Old-Fashioned glass over a mountain of crushed ice.
- Garnish with mint and fruits in season.
Photo: Lizzie Munro
Ruby Stew by Barevolution, Greece,
60ml Chivas Extra
20ml Hibiscus syrup
10ml Raspberry puree
10ml Creme de cacao
15ml Lime juice
2 Dash aromatic Bitters
Garnish: Dark chocolate and Dried hibiscus on side,
Method: Shake all ingredients together, pour into pot, add dry ice and garnish.
Mantra-Rock, Lauren Corriveau, Nitecap, New York,
- 1 ½ ounce pink peppercorn-infused Pueblo Viejo Blanco Tequila
- ½ ounce Cocchi Americano Rosa
- ½ ounce rhubarb liqueur, preferably Giffard
- ¾ ounce grapefruit cordial
- ½ ounce lime juice
- soda water, to top
Garnish: grapefruit crescent, lime wheel
- Combine all ingredients, except the seltzer, in a mixing tin and shake with ice.
- Strain into a Collins glass over ice.
- Top with soda water.
- Garnish with a grapefruit crescent and lime wheel.
Green Gin + Tonic !
- 2 oz Veermaster Gin
- 1 oz lime juice
- ½ oz gomme syrup*
- 1 tsp spirulina
- Green pepper
- Tonic water
Muddle a couple of slices of cucumber with a handful of diced green pepper in a shaker. Put some elbow grease into it to release the green pepper juices. Add remaining ingredients (except tonic water) and ice and shake until chilled. Strain into an very tall glass filled with ice and top with tonic water. Garnish with green pepper.
*I recommend gomme syrup because it acts as an emulsifier and helps incorporate the spirulina powder into the drink. It also lends a smooth mouthfeel.
DON’S ROYAL DAIQUIRI, Doug Winship recipe
- ½ oz. fresh lime juice
- ½ oz. Creme Yvette (parfait d’amour in the original)
- ¼ tsp. simple syrup
- 1 ½ oz. silver rum
- 4 oz. small ice
Combine in a blender and flash blend for 5+ seconds. Strain through a fine mesh strainer into a cocktail glass
Mixed Berry Sangria !
You will need:
3 oz Drambuie
1 oz Triple sec
1 cup white wine (Chardonnay is suggested)
1 oz orange juice
1 oz fresh lime juice
1 oz honey
2 cups frozen berries
10 dashes cherry bitters
How to make it?
Add all ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Put couple of skewered berries and a basil sprig.
Cucumber jalapeño cooler
45ml Delirio blanco
15ml sugar syrup
30ml cucumber juice (use skins and all for more colour and nutrients)
15ml lime juice
5 thin slices jalapeño
Muddle jalapeño and sugar syrup, then add remaining ingredients to a Boston glass. Shake over ice and pour into glass. Top up with ice if necessary. Garnish with coriander root as a stirrer.
Cotton Candy Cosmo, Sugar Factory,
- 2 oz. Cotton Candy Vodka
- 1 oz. Orange Vodka
- ½ oz. Triple Sec
- 1 oz. Lime Juice
- 1 oz. Cranberry Juice
- Cotton Candy Pop Rocks and Cotton Candy (for Garnish)
Preparation: Mix in a cocktail shaker. Garnish with cotton candy pop rocks rim and top with a cotton candy ball on skewer.
Daniel’s version of the Ramos Gin Fizz, The Schofield Brothers