Mother’s Ruin ! From Death & Co.’s David Kaplan
8 white sugar cubes
2 ounces club soda
4 ounces Plymouth gin
2 ounces cinnamon-orange tea–infused sweet vermouth (mix 3 tablespoons of cinnamon-orange tea with one bottle of sweet vermouth, let stand for 1½ hours, then strain)
4 ounces grapefruit juice
2 ounces lemon juice
3 ounces dry Champagne
6 grapefruit wheels, for garnish
In a pitcher, muddle the sugar cubes with the club soda until the sugar is fully broken up. Add the remaining ingredients (except the Champagne and the garnish) and fill the pitcher three-quarters full with ice cubes. Stir until cold, then strain into a punch bowl over one large block of ice. Top with Champagne, garnish with the grapefruit wheels and ladle into glasses.
Hanky panky !
From the Downton Abbey cocktail book,
1½ fl oz (45 ml) gin
1½ fl oz (45 ml) sweet vermouth
2 dashes Fernet-Branca
Orange twist about the size of a thumb, for garnish
- Combine the gin, vermouth, and Fernet in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until well chilled, 20–30 seconds. Strain into a chilled coupe or cocktail glass.
- Express the orange zest over the drink and drop it into the glass.
1 bunch basil leaves (if in doubt as to how much, go heavy on the basil)
25ml fresh lemon juice
15ml sugar syrup
Place basil and lemon into a cocktail shaker.
Gently muddle the lemon and basil “smashing” the ingredients.
Add sugar syrup and gin and top up with ice. Shake vigorously (the phrase “Hulk Smash!” comes to mind).
Double strain into an ice-filled rocks glass.
Garnish with basil leaves.
Fresh fruit, sparkling wine, and a splash of cranberry juice – what more could you ask for? The Royal Treatment is exactly as it sounds – the perfect cocktail for those days you need to treat yourself.
Build in a stemless wine glass.
Garnish with kiwi slices (skin removed), berries, and a mint leaf.
1 ½ oz Empress 1908
3 oz white cranberry juice
RHUBARB COCKTAIL WITH LIME, Family Style Food,
- ½ pound rhubarb, chopped
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 1 long strip of lemon or orange peel
RHUBARB LIME COCKTAIL:
- Juice of ½ a lime, plus thinly sliced lime for garnish
- 2 ounces ice cold gin
- 2 ounces dry white vermouth
- 2 ounces Rhubarb Syrup
- Dash of bitters (Peychauds is my favorite)
- Make the syrup: Combine rhubarb, sugar, water and peel in a small heavy saucepan. Bring to a simmer, then lower heat and cook until rhubarb is broken down and tender, 15 – 20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer set over a bowl to let the syrup run through. Stir gently to expedite the process, but try not to push too hard or the solids will cloud the syrup. Cool before using. Refrigerate for a up to week or two.
- Combine ingredients for cocktail in a shaker with ice cubes. Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass filled with crushed ice. Garnish with lime wheel.
- The rhubarb syrup recipe will yield more than enough for 4 drinks. Double the batch for a party.
- Stir extra syrup into sparkling water for a non-alcoholic cocktail or pour over fresh strawberries and yogurt.
- If you prefer, switch out the gin for tequila or vodka.
CONDOR COLLINS !
(Created at Intersect by Lexus, New York City)
- 1 oz Gin
- 1 oz tzatziki*
- .75 oz simple syrup
- .5 oz lemon juice
- 1 oz soda
Put all the ingredients but the soda in a shaker glass, whip vigorously, serve in an egg-shaped glass, with broken ice, and add soda. Put a crystal drinking straw. Decorate with a flower of cucumber: make a slice of cucumber, and roll it to form a flower.
- 300 g yogurt
- 300 g cucumber without zest
- 15 g ginger without skin
- 15 g mint
Method: Mix all the ingredients in a container. Filter three times using fine filters.
‘Gotham Girl’ !
– 1oz Bombay Sapphire gin
– 1oz lemon juice
– 1oz hibiscus syrup
– 2 dash cardamom bitters
– Domain Chandon sparkling wine
– Cherry garnish
Shake all ingredients on ice and strain into a flute, then garnish with the cherry.
Gotham Steak House
Sunset Strip Cocktail.
Mix vodka, gin, rum, triple sec, pineapple juice and grenadine together in a highball glass over ice.
Top it with a splash of Sprite.
Garnish with a strawberry and an orange slice.
The Lambanog Mule at Oriole !
Coconut vodka 1.5 oz, London dry gin 2 oz, Yellow banana syrup 1 oz, Lemon juice 1 oz, Pineapple juice 2 oz, Ginger beer 1.5 oz, Green iced tea 1.15 oz, Pineapple 1 oz, Cranberry 0.15 oz, Physalis 0.15 oz, Mint 0.15 oz, Ground cinnamon 0.03 oz, Caster sugar 0.03 oz, Sesame 0.03 oz, Ice cubes 6 oz.
Gadgets: Highball glass 1 piece, Squeezer 1 piece, Jigger 1 piece, Bar spoon 1 piece, Drinking straws 2 pieces.
What to do:
Fill the highball glass to the top with ice cubesPour in 1 oz of lemon juice, 2 oz of pineapple juice, and 1 oz of yellow banana syrupAdd 1.15 oz of cold green tea, 1.5 oz of coconut vodka, and 2 oz of London dry ginFill to the top with ginger beer and carefully stir with a bar spoonGarnish with a mint spring, cinnamon-covered pineapple, sesame seed-covered physalis, and a cowberry covered in powdered sugar