The #100 Champagne Cocktail !
- 3–4 ounces champagne or prosecco
- ½ ounce maraschino liqueur (such as luxardo)
- ½ ounces fresh lemon juice
- twist of lemon garnish
- Combine lemon juice and maraschino liqueur in a cocktail shaker with a cup of ice. Shake vigorously for 10 seconds and strain into a champagne flute or coupe glass.
- Top with chilled champagne/prosecco and garnish with a twist of lemon.
BY SHAWN WILLIAMS
A smart coaster with a mini weighing-machine and an AI inside it that coaches you through the fine cocktail-mixing process.
Blood-Orange Cocktails !
- 1 ½ cups fresh blood-orange juice (from 7 to 8 blood oranges), chilled
- 6 tablespoons Solerno or other blood-orange liqueur
- 1. Combine blood-orange juice and liqueur in a large pitcher. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Pour into test tubes or small glasses.
Source: Martha Stewart Living
DIY Smoked Simple Syrup !
- 2 Cups Filtered Water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- Fruit Wood Pellets or Chips*
Preheat a smoker to 180°F**
Pour water into a 9"x13" roasting pan. Add sugar and still until well combined. Place the pan directly on your smoker’s grill grates. Smoke for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
When finished, transfer the smoked simple syrup to a bottle or jar and store in a cool dark place or the refrigerator.
*Flavors include: alder, apple, apricot, cherry, mulberry, nectarine, pear, or plumb. Pecan and maple also make a good simple syrup.
**On a Traeger Pellet Grill, this is the “smoke setting”
The Witch’s Heart Cocktail !
- 1 jigger apple brandy or apple vodka chilled
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 2 jiggers (or to top up)
- Homemade Blackberry
- Shimmery liqueur
- Powdered dry ice optional
Add about ½ – 1 tsp of powdered dry ice to the bottom of the glass (optional).
Place the apple brandy and purple shimmery liqueur in a shaker. Add 1 ice cube and shake for a few seconds to chill the drink. Strain the drink into a martini glass. Top up with more purple shimmery liqueur if necessary.
Pour 1 tsp of grenadine syrup, about an inch from the surface of the drink – the grenadine should sink to the bottom, creating a “bleeding” effect.
Add about ½ tsp of powdered dry ice on top and serve with a stirrer, so that your guests can stir the “potion” to create that shimmery, smoky effect.
Vampire Drink Halloween Cocktail !
Makes 1 8oz glass:
The Man About Town !
To make the Man About Town, you’ll need:
1 oz Rye Whiskey
1 oz Cynar (an earthy, artichoke based amaro)
1 oz Sweet Vermouth (here, we like a dark one like Punt e Mes)
Combine these three boozy ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. Stir for 15-20 seconds until it’s well chilled and properly diluted, and strain into a coupe glass. For a garnish, really any citrus twist will do, but I’d try and tailor it to the rye and vermouth you select, which can help you decide between lemon, orange, or even grapefruit.
Kevin Peterson & jane Larson of Castalia, Detroit
Poisoned Orchard Cocktail !
For Apple Spice Simple Syrup
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
2 honeycrisp apples, sliced with peel
2 cinnamon sticks
½ tablespoon whole cloves
¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
For Poisoned Orchard Cocktail
4 ounces cran-apple juice
2 ounces dark rum
1 ounce apple brandy
1 ounce apple spice simple syrup
Splash of ginger beer
Cinnamon, for garnish, optional
Sugar, for garnish, optional
Dry ice, optional
- For the apple spice simple syrup, add the sugar, water, apple slices and spices to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a low boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. When the sugar dissolves, let the simple syrup steep. At least 10 minutes is good, but it’s even better if you can give it 30 minutes to an hour. Strain. If you’d like a rimmed glass for serving, reserve an apple slice or two.
- Add cran-apple juice, dark rum, apple brandy, apple spice simple syrup and regular ice to a cocktail shaker. Pop on the top and shake vigorously for about 15-30 seconds.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on a small plate and stir to combine. Take one of the reserved apple slices, cut it in the middle and run it along the rim of your glass. Dip the glass in the cinnamon and sugar. This step is optional.
- Add regular ice to your glass. Strain in the drink from the cocktail shaker. Top with ginger beer and gently stir. If using dry ice, add a small piece to the bottom of your glass using tongs and not your bare hands. To serve a crowd, see the proportions below. Enjoy!
Author: Amanda McGrory-Dixon