Kingdom of Savoy!
Nathan McCarley-O’Neill, The NoMad, New York,
- 1 ounce pineapple juice
- ¾ ounce absinthe, preferably Pernod
- ¾ ounce coconut syrup (see Editor’s Note)
- ½ ounce Nardini Amaro
- ½ ounce lime juice
- ¼ ounce Branca Menta
- ¼ ounce cane syrup (2:1, cane sugar:water)
Garnish: 2 pineapple fronds, mint bouquet
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin and shake briefly with ice.
- Strain into a Belgium beer glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with pineapple fronds and a mint bouquet.
- Coconut Syrup:
4 ½ cans coconut milk
½ quart coconut chips
15 ounces filtered water
Demerara sugar, as needed
Line a sheet pan with coconut chips and toast until golden brown. Separately, bring the coconut milk and water to simmer. Pass through a chinois. Add demerara sugar in a ratio of 2:1, sugar:coconut milk mixture. Stir until dissolved.
Credit: Punch, Photo: LIZZIE MUNRO
“Old Scratch,” Kelsey Ramage, Trash Tiki, Toronto,
- 1 ½ ounces Craigellachie single malt Scotch
- ½ ounce Amaro Nonino
- ¾ ounce Coconut Whey Syrup
- ½ ounce lemon juice
- ¼ ounce Passion Fruit Syrup
- 2 dashes orange bitters
Garnish: Dehydrated orange and pineapple frond
- Build all ingredients in a tiki mug or highball glass.
- Add crushed ice and churn with a bar spoon.
Photo: SUECH AND BECK
NEO MARIPOSA !
- 2 parts Facundo Neo Rum
- .25 part Martini & Rossi Bianco Vermouth
- .75 part coconut water pea flower syrup*
- .75 part fresh lime juice (on the side)
Combine and shake the ingredients with ice. Strain into a chilled coupe glass. Serve with ¾-part cold lime juice on the side to pour into the cocktail. Garnish with a lemon peel.
*Coconut water pea flower syrup:
Bring 4 cups of coconut water to a boil. Add ½ cup butterfly pea flowers and 3 cups of white sugar, and stir gently to combine. Cover and set aside until cooled, then strain and use.
BLOOD MOON BIRCH AND CHAGA COCKTAIL !
The Wonder Smith
1 c. whole milk
½ c. cream
½ c. coconut cream
2 Tbs. maple syrup
fresh birch twigs or ½ tsp. birch extract
1.5 – 2oz chaga brandy (per cocktail; this mixture should make 2-4 depending on the size of your molds)
- In a small saucepan, heat the whole milk, cream, coconut cream, maple syrup, and birch twigs or extract until thickened, just under a simmer. Let the mixture cool to room temp and then pour into spherical molds and freeze until solid, at least 4 hours.
- Carefully unmold the round spheres and place them into martini glasses. Pour 1.5 – 2 oz of chaga brandy into the glass, then grate some fresh nutmeg over the top and serve. Sip slowly.
The Lambanog Mule at Oriole !
Coconut vodka 1.5 oz, London dry gin 2 oz, Yellow banana syrup 1 oz, Lemon juice 1 oz, Pineapple juice 2 oz, Ginger beer 1.5 oz, Green iced tea 1.15 oz, Pineapple 1 oz, Cranberry 0.15 oz, Physalis 0.15 oz, Mint 0.15 oz, Ground cinnamon 0.03 oz, Caster sugar 0.03 oz, Sesame 0.03 oz, Ice cubes 6 oz.
Gadgets: Highball glass 1 piece, Squeezer 1 piece, Jigger 1 piece, Bar spoon 1 piece, Drinking straws 2 pieces.
What to do:
Fill the highball glass to the top with ice cubesPour in 1 oz of lemon juice, 2 oz of pineapple juice, and 1 oz of yellow banana syrupAdd 1.15 oz of cold green tea, 1.5 oz of coconut vodka, and 2 oz of London dry ginFill to the top with ginger beer and carefully stir with a bar spoonGarnish with a mint spring, cinnamon-covered pineapple, sesame seed-covered physalis, and a cowberry covered in powdered sugar
From A Woman’s Drink: Bold Recipes for Bold Women by Natalka Burian and Scott Schneider
1 1⁄4 cups [300 ml] rum
4 oz [120 ml] coconut cream
2 oz [60 ml] freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1⁄4 cups [300 ml] pineapple juice
1 tsp ground nutmeg, plus a pinch for garnish
3 cups ice
Serves 5 to 6
Put all of these ingredients (except the ice) in a blender and blend on high until the mixture is combined.
Add the ice, and blend until it’s uniformly thick and smooth.
To garnish, sprinkle with a light layer of nutmeg.
Photo: Alice Gao / Courtesy of Chronicle Books
@smirnoffus is here to keep you cool this #LaborDayWeekend. Try the Sparkling #Coconut Rosé Cocktail this weekend. This light and refreshing cocktail is sure to uplift your party.
-2 oz. Coconut Soda
-1 tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
-4 oz. Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer Raspberry Rosé
In a small glass filled with ice, combine the coconut soda, lime juice and Smirnoff Spiked Sparkling Seltzer Raspberry Rosé. Stir gently to combine. Garnish with blueberries, lemons, limes, festive straws and enjoy!
#EmpireMixology #luxury #Drinkstagram #Booze #Liquor #Restaurant #Photography #NewYorkCity #Travel #Mixology #Cocktails #CraftCocktails #InstaDrink #CocktailPorn #FoodAndWine #CocktailBar #TastingTable #eeeeeats #Instadaily #startup #drinks #drink #thirsty #washingtondc #Bestoftheday #vip
Superman’s Kryptonite Cocktail ! Tipsy Bartender
1 ½ oz. (45ml) Spiced Rum
1 ½ oz. (45ml) Coconut Rum
1 ½ oz. (45ml) Melon Liqueur
1 ½ oz. (45ml) Pineapple Juice
1 oz. (30ml) 151 Proof Rum
1. Fill a rocks glass with ice and pour in spiced rum and coconut rum.
2. Add melon liqueur and pineapple juice.
3. Top with 151 proof rum.
“Super Green Smoothie Bowl” From The Minimalist Baker,
- ¼ ripe avocado
- 2 medium ripe bananas, previously sliced and frozen
- 1 cup fresh or frozen mixed berries (organic when possible) – use strawberries/raspberries for a greener smoothie, darker berries for a purple smoothie
- 2 large handfuls spinach (organic when possible)
- 1 small handful kale (organic when possible), large stems removed
- 1 ½ – 2 cups unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- Optional: 2 Tbsp salted creamy almond or peanut butter
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Raw or roasted nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Fresh berries
- Hemp seeds